Google Shopping API: Overview
Google Shopping is an e-commerce platform featuring product advertisements placed by various merchants. While Google Shopping ads connect your retail business with millions of users performing shopping-related searches, DataForSEO API will connect you with valuable e-commerce data from Google Shopping.
The returned results are specific to the indicated search engine, language and location parameters. We emulate set location and search engine with the highest accuracy so that the results you receive will match the actual search results for the specified parameters at the time of task setting. You can always check the returned results accessing the
check_url in the Incognito mode to make sure the received data is entirely relevant. Note that user preferences, search history, and other personalized search factors are ignored by our system and thus would not be reflected in the returned SERP results.
With Google Shopping API you can get:
• Google Shopping Products listed for the specified keyword. The results include product title, description in Google Shopping SERP, product rank, price, reviews and rating as well as the related domain.
• Google Shopping Product Info from the product pages, including product features, imagery, reviews, variations, and sellers.
• Full detailed Google Shopping Product Specification. You will receive all product attributes and their content from the product specification page.
• A list of Google Shopping Sellers of the specified product. The provided data for each seller includes related product base and total price, shipment and purchase details and special offers.
• Google Shopping Sellers Ad URL with all additional parameters set by the seller.
• Google Shopping Reviews with detailed review data for a specific product.
Google Shopping API functions
Google Shopping API provides search engine results with two standard functions: Advanced and HTML.
The Advanced function provides a full overview of data from Google Shopping based on the specified
product_id, language and location.
The HTML function provides a raw HTML page from Google Shopping for the specified
product_id, language and location.
Google Shopping API supports only the Standard method of data retrieval. It requires making separate POST and GET requests. Using this method, you can retrieve the results after our system collects them.
Alternatively, you can specify
postback_url when setting a task, and we will notify you on completion of tasks or send the results to you respectively. Note that if you use the
postback_url field, you should also indicate the function that will be applied for data retrieval:
If you do not specify
postback_url, you can receive the list of id for all completed tasks using the ‘Tasks Ready’ endpoint. It is designed to provide you with the list of completed tasks, which haven’t been collected yet. Then, you can retrieve the results using the ‘Task GET’ endpoint.
Learn more about task completion and obtaining a list of completed tasks in this help center article.
You can send up to 2000 POST and GET API calls per minute in total, with each POST call containing no more than 100 tasks. Contact us if you would like to raise the limit.
Note: Google Shopping Sellers Ad URL endpoint doesn’t require making a separate POST request and provides results based on the
$shop_ad_aclk parameter you specify in the GET URL.
Priorities and cost
The cost of using Google Shopping API endpoints depends on the selected priority of task execution.
The Standard method has two different priorities that stand for the relative speed of task execution and have different prices:
1. Normal priority;
2. High priority.
The cost can be calculated on the Pricing page.